Friday, September 28, 2012

Book Releases and Glass Fusing Classes

Lots to tell, read on for exciting publishing news and information on upcoming glass fusing classes I’m hosting here in my private studio.   



Fire Works, Fun and Festive Fusing! 
New Book Release Fall 2012
Get inspired! My latest glass fusing book is back from the printer and will be available October 2012. Loaded with a flashy assortment of easy-to-make projects for all seasons, this book is sure to spark imagination and fuel your fire for creativity. Pick up your copy at your art glass supplier. 

Fire & Ice and Destination Innovation are available at your art glass supplier. 

 I’m a winner!
Fiction Short Story Book Release and Book Signing
FWA Conference, Orlando, Florida, Friday, October 19, 2012
My first complete piece of fiction, a short story, is being published in a book. I submitted to the FWA (Florida Writers Association) competition back in May and won inclusion in this year’s anthology titled, My Wheels. This marks the first of, I hope, many published works of fiction. After the book release, I can reveal the title of my story. For those inclined, the FWA Collection #4 - My Wheels is available, starting October 19, through the FWA website.  www.floridawriters.net

Embossing Made Easy!
Fused Glass Projects Magazine, Winter 2012
Check out my how-to article in the December issue of Fused Glass Projects Magazine, a quarterly downloadable publication for glass craftsmen. In it I detail fast and easy techniques you can use to make an elegant cheese tray, with an attractive embossed design.  www.fused-glass-projects.com 



How’s the novel coming?
Thanks for asking. I finished the first draft at the beginning of the summer with a deflated little, “wahoo.” Anxious to have it done, I rolled right into the editing phase. That’s when the words of the famous, Ernest Hemingway struck home. He said, “The first draft of anything is shit.” I hate when other people are right. The good news? Since I started the book I’ve studied the craft and my writing has greatly improved. I recently found my form and my fiction voice. The new material I’m weaving into the old is plot driven, exciting and unique. Members of my critique group say I have great visuals in the scenes. I can’t wait to share it; but not before it’s ready. In the mean time, there’s consolation in knowing I’m in good company; Ernest Hemingway and you.  

Upcoming Glass Fusing Classes



Fused Vessel Sinks & MORE with Lisa Vogt
Advanced Technique, 4 Full-Day, Hands-on Workshop
Tuesday, February 5 - Friday, February 8, 2013
Class meets daily 10:00 - 4:00 in Lisa’s private studio in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Contact Lisa@LisaVogt.net for details
Class size is limited

Exceed you expectations!
Kiln formed sinks are the hottest functional, art glass topic today!  In this class Lisa will teach you the many advanced techniques used to make these lavish basins.  She’ll cover the many processes used to: create large vessels, concepts for design and color selection, plus much more. 

Beginner and advanced students alike will gain valuable knowledge that they can apply immediately to push their work to an exciting, new level of sophistication. Each student will leave class with several finished projects, a large vessel, process outlines and the technical information needed to fire at home. With the professional tricks and secrets revealed, you will be ready to dive in and take the fused sink plunge!

Extreme Glass Fusing 4-Day Workshop with Lisa Vogt
Open to all skill levels
Tuesday, February 19 – Friday, February 22, 2013
Class meets daily 10:00 - 4:00 in Lisa’s private studio in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Contact Lisa@LisaVogt.net for details
Class size is limited. 

Hard-core fusing + casual atmosphere = FUN!
Get fired up! You’ve played with fusing; made jewelry, fired coasters and dared to design your own bowls. If you find yourself consumed by a burning desire to go bigger; to do more and learn more; then this class is for you! Here you’ll build your working knowledge, expand your creativity and go beyond basic, while creating unique works of art. Beginner and advanced students alike will advance their skills and build confidence, while applying the wide variety of techniques explored in this workshop. You’ll learn by doing casting, combing, painting with frit, embossing and mold making.  

Students will gain valuable knowledge that they can apply immediately to push their work to an exciting, new level of sophistication. Each student will leave class with several finished projects, process outlines and the technical information needed to fire at home. 

Glass Craft and Bead Expo
Las Vegas Nevada, April 3 – 7, 2013
WWW.GLASSCRAFTEXPO.COM

I’m super excited about presenting at the Glass Craft and Bead Expo again in 2013. My workshops include, Profit from Production, Painting with Frit, Cast Away, Fireworks and Fine Art of Design. Three of the five classes are new for 2013, Profit from Production, Fireworks and Fine Art of Design. If you plan to attend register early; many of the workshops sell out before year end. Hope to see you there! 
Visit the EXPO website for more information. WWW.GLASSCRAFTEXPO.COM



Advise from an English teacher
Good fiction is like a mini-skirt. Short enough to hold your attention and long enough to cover the subject.

Till next time,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post.
    Bathroom Sink Faucets

    ReplyDelete