Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Art Work



Over the past few weeks, I’ve enjoyed exercising my creativity outside of glass. During the holiday break we dug out the chop saw and built a custom tack box to store my daughter’s horse supplies. When the dust settled, the studio was in need of a serious cleaning. Afterward, the studio looked so good we took the clean-up a step further and painted the worn table tops with a fresh coat of paint. That inspired another painting project: I salvaged barn wood and painted horse themed designs on them for a fund raiser. Working with the different mediums was a welcome departure from glass, but only for a little while. Now, I’m craving the exhilarating satisfaction I get from creating in glass. So this week, I’m really looking forward to making four sinks to fill orders and designing new project samples to share with students taking my classes in Las Vegas in April. I hope you’ll forgive me for not writing more, but I’m a little distracted—a dazzling sheet of dichroic glass and fourteen kilns are expecting me in the studio.

Get creative,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment