Friday, April 19, 2013

I LOVE My Job!



How many people can say that? I love what I do. I get to be creative, hang out with inspiring people and see the fruits of my labor appreciated. Life is good.

With so many topics to write about, I had trouble narrowing my focus this week. I thought of writing about the Impatient and Petunia flowers I recently planted. But that seemed unrelated to glass, until I remembered the highlight of my day tinkering in the yard trimming bushes and planting.  

We have two small ponds in the front yard; one is right outside my office window. It attracts all sorts of wildlife. From my desk I’ve seen spotted fawn, raccoon, opossum, frogs, armadillo, turtles, squirrels, hawks, owls, garden snakes, hummingbirds, song birds—you name it. Last weekend while planting annuals in the front yard I could see the pond and animal activities from a different perspective.  

While taking a break from planting, I caught a fleeting glimpse of a brightly colored bird that I’d never seen before. It was drinking from the pond. The little fellow was so bright my first thought was he’s not real but a decoration, like a fancy Christmas tree ornament. He had a brilliant blue head and vivid red chest. He was so striking, I immediately called him the stained glass bird. As it turns out, the birds name is Painted Bunting, which I thought was underwhelming for such a flashy guy.


So instead, I’ll remember him fondly as the feathered friend whose brief visit brought to mind the medium that gives me wings. 

Chase your dreams,  
Lisa

Studio News



You’re invited!
Join me for a VIP Shopping Event
Friday, April 26, 2013
6:00 – 9:00 pm
Atonement Lutheran Church
29617 SR 54, Wesley Chapel, FL
FREE Admission
Over 20 local small business booths
Support the Helping Hands Food Pantry
Bring a nonperishable food item and be
entered for a chance win fantastic door prizes!

Now on YouTube

Fused Vessel Sinks and More
4-Day, hands-on workshop
Class size is limited to four.
Register online at www.LisaVogt.net
May 14-17, 2013
Sept. 24-27, 2013
Jan. 28-31, 2014
Feb. 18-21, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment