Sunday, May 12, 2013

It’s The Thought That Counts


Growing up, my mother showed me through example how to be independent, kind and generous. She’d take trips to educational or historical places she wanted to see alone if Dad didn’t care to go. She constantly has a positive attitude and speaks kindly of everyone all the time. According to my mom, large people are just, “big boned.” She always gives her time generously to family and friends. To this day, at eighty years old, mom still mails each one of my ten adult cousins a hand-signed Christmas card with a five dollar bill enclosed. 
Mom’s actions speak louder than words. They have stuck with me into adulthood and are the cornerstone for my own parenting; which is not surprising since mom says, “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.”
Happy Mother’s Day!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment