Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Sizzles



I love summer. Everyone has a more relaxed attitude, me included. You can’t take work too seriously when people are constantly going in different directions. It’s inevitable; vacations interrupt flow and blur deadlines. On the flip-side, the extra time gives me a much needed break to create for myself.

This time of year, when the beauty of nature is plentiful, I like to take a more laid-back approach to my crafting. Rather than plan everything out in advance, I let my artwork evolve spontaneously as I go along. The design direction might be driven by any number of things such as nature, the finished artwork’s purpose or the materials I have on-hand.

This back-to-basics frame of mind is wonderful when it comes to making all those fun and funky, yard-art projects that we love. I’m using this approach to make candle shelters for the lanai and mosaic stepping stones for the garden.

Try it for yourself. Glue fused glass elements to terra cotta pots or decorate a wooden birdhouse with a shinny glass mosaic. Colorful, three-dimensional plant stakes are always a big hit. Let your imagination run wild.

Happy crafting,
Lisa

Summer Sale SAVE $100.00!
Fused Vessel Sinks and More
Sept. 24-27, 2013
4-Day, hands-on workshop
Register for the September class by July 15, 2013 and save $100.00! 
Only two seats left!
 Register online at www.LisaVogt.net

Now on YouTube
Lisa Vogt Glass Artist


No comments:

Post a Comment