Saturday, May 31, 2014

Finding Inspiration in Unlikely Places


Native Boat from the book Destination Innovation
Inspiration is easy to find once you open yourself to discovery. The first step is to slow down and take time to actually see the varied patterns and unique color combinations that are right in front of you every day. When I’m in the design phase of a project, whether it’s a new book, a commission, or a gallery series, I stop to study mundane things. I notice the herringbone pattern in the brick pavers at the mall. The rigid shapes would make a dramatic background for something organic like ribbons or flowers. I make note of unusual color combinations used in trendy clothes and woven into the fabric of modern home furnishings. I take those tried groupings and remix them to come up with even more interesting fusions. On one occasion, I found inspiration in a random stack of jelly bean colored hair bands. I made several projects for my book Destination Innovation from that same accidental collection of colors.
 
On Track Clock from the book Destination Innovation
The thing to remember is your muse is never far away. It’s simply a matter of letting go, allow it to move you and you’ll create something amazing!
 
Seize the moment,
Lisa

Cast Away check out my article in the May 30 issue of the online magazine  Fused Glass Projects Magazine, www.fused-glass-projects.com

News from the Studio. You can now subscribe to my newsletter on my website or on Facebook.

FREE Pattern of the week is now available on my website click artist studio/Pattern of the week

Fused Vessel Sinks and More! September, 16-19, 2014, Wesley Chapel, Florida. Register online at www.LisaVogt.net Click, Shop/Classes & Workshops


 

No comments:

Post a Comment