Saturday, June 20, 2015

Over the Hump and Loving the View



A few months ago I wrote that I was embarking on a new creative journey and struggling miserably with the learning curve. I was intentionally vague about the details of the project because I honestly didn’t know if I’d persevere long enough to accomplish my end goal. But, tenacious is one of my character traits and so I pushed forward. Well, I’m very happy to announce that the learning curve did not beat me. In fact, it made me stronger. And even better, having this innovative new tool at hand, has opened my eyes to a whole new world of creative possibilities. 

Teaching has always been a passion of mine. I come by it naturally, being the daughter of an elementary school teacher and a high school teacher. Like all good instructors, I’m always looking for inventive techniques to improve my presentations and different methods to reach out and share my ever growing knowledge with others. And that’s why I endured the slow process of getting it right and then expanded my various ways of presenting to include video.


As our world grows smaller and interest in glass grows larger, video is a fabulous way to meet and extend friendships to people from across the globe. It’s a powerful tool we can utilize to mingle with distant creatives who share our interests. Through my webinars, I’ve enjoyed meeting enthusiastic glass fusers from so many faraway places including Canada, England and Australia.
     
Now that I have video as a means of expression, I’m finding plenty of fun ways to use it. So next time you go to the store, stock up on popcorn, because more exciting videos are coming your way.

Never give up!

Lisa

Back by popular demand, Make a Fused Glass Sink with Lisa Vogt Webinar,
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Register at Glass Patterns Quarterly Webinar Link

Please visit my YouTube Channel for more tips, tricks and tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLC1hPWbP6Vzgx2Te9tg-g
 

2 comments:

  1. had the webinar in my cart and it kept disappearing when I went to check out, now it isn't listed...guess I will miss it tonight. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get purple running pliers you show in your sinks video

    ReplyDelete