Sunday, December 9, 2012

Creative Gifting


Flowers are a passion of mine and I’m frequently given arrangements. The local florist delivers so often they actually wire one dog biscuit per puppy right into each arrangement. And so my office/studio buddies are as excited to see the deliveryman as I am.  The problem was I ran out of space to store all the pretty vases I’d collected.

They were too nice to throw in the trash, so I made it a personal goal to figure out a creative way to share them. I started small by giving a neighbor a vase full of chocolate chip cookies. Another one brimming with crackers was purposely left behind at a party. I admit it was getting out of control when I sent Joe’s uncle home after dinner with a fluted vase full of pot roast. But I was on a mission.

It was about this time last year that the perfect idea came to me. I purchased a variety of colorful, individually wrapped seasonal candy. After stuffing the vases with chocolates, caramels, peppermints and butterscotch, I tied candy canes around the neck with a festive bow. I gave them to neighbors, friends and family. The re-gifting was a huge success. Everyone loved the pretty vases and thought filling them with candy was so clever.


Now it’s December, and again I find myself with an overstock of vases. After some careful thought, I’ve decided that home-made Christmas cookies will be the filler this year. Baking cookies is a family tradition we enjoy every year. And the best part of this new plan is I can bake to my hearts content and the cookies won’t be around to tempt me for weeks afterwards.

Here’s to another triumphant holiday season!  
  

Website news
New this week on www.LisaVogt.net
Art Wear: signed, one-of-a-kind dichroic pendants with leather cord and silver findings. 
Clocks-Form and Function: kiln formed clocks with contemporary style.
Vintage Series: elegantly detailed votives and dishes.
Art and Function you’ll find ten fresh, new botanical themed pieces. 
Endless Summer series has six new breezy dishes.

FREE shipping and handling on all orders shipped in the continental US.

Last week to SAVE $100.00 on class tuition!
For your convenience, you can now register for my 4-Day, hands-on classes Fused Vessel Sinks and More Feb, 5-8, 2013 and Cast Away Feb 19-22, 2013 on the website. Click Shop, then Classes and Workshops.

Now on e-Bay
Two, one-of-a-kind kites are up for auction on eBay
Search: Bird of Paradise Kite fused glass art and
Princess Kite mini fused glass art
Make dreams come true. Dig deep, 100% of the Princess Kite sale will be donated to my daughter’s Interscholastic Equestrian Association team. Bid starts at $10.00!

During this joyous season of giving I wish all the best to you and yours. And if you happen to be in the neighborhood, stop by we’d love to see you. Just be warned, I probably have a vase full of pasta salad with your name on it.

Health and happiness,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends.
    Bathroom Sink Faucets

    ReplyDelete