Friday, March 21, 2014

It’s a Show Stopper


Starlight Bench
Starlight was made for a public art project titled, Chairs for Charity to benefit Make a Wish. It might surprise to know that the original drawing for the bench was sketched out in detail on one of those small note pads you’d find on the night stand in your hotel room. I was presenting a weekend-long glass fusing workshop in Colorado when the design concept came to me. Often times, when I teach an exceptionally artistic group the creative energy is contagious and I get inspired right along with my students.

Cutting steel
Welding
Painting
Glass layout
Glass firing
Starlight detail
Next time: Kites in Flight  
Thanks for stopping by.
Lisa

See more photos on Facebook Lisa J Vogt

Visit my web sites www.LisaVogt.net and www.OriginalsInGlass.com / portfolio if you’d like to see more of my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment