Friday, January 27, 2017

Fusing Fever!




At this time of year, I devote several weeks to expanding my working knowledge of fusing by pushing boundaries in my glass studio. 

As an instructor, I strive to encourage, inspire and nurture my students. But every so often, I crave the freedom to follow my own imaginative path; to seek out exciting new methods for making fused glass that I can bring to the classroom. The rewards of concentrated study go beyond improving and expanding technique. The in-depth focus gives me a fresh perspective for creating unique designs and the limitless possibilities bring the novelty back to my job. 


Out in my studio, I’ve been making a conscious effort to be more open minded and flexible in my approach to design and assembly. The results have been amazing! New project ideas are flowing freely and filling my head faster than I can keep up. 


I’m really excited about sharing the many new design concepts and techniques I’m discovering during this concentrated study. Students taking my upcoming classes can look forward to learning and expanding on this exciting new material in class.  


Are you ready to do things differently? Join me in February and take your work to the next level!


Let’s get fired up!
Lisa

There’s still time to register!
Advanced Glass Fusing, February 21-24, 2017
As a life-long learner myself, I know it sometimes takes a change of scenery, a challenging new educational experience and the encouragement of an experienced instructor to advance my skills and help me grow. 

Are you ready to grow? This class is for you!


4-Days, Hands-on Workshop
My private studio, Wesley Chapel, FL

Stand out! Striking glass work is the result of combining multiple, advanced techniques in innovative ways to produce exceptional art. In this comprehensive, 4-day workshop, Lisa will show you how to combine different methods of assembly to make original, fused glass art that’ll make you standout. Techniques include: the new Free-Flow, combing, weaving, embossing, advanced layering, designing artistic shapes, plus creative and deep slumping. You’ll also learn how to change the shape of thick, fused glass with various saws, slitters and drills. In addition, kiln operation, how to make your own unique display stands and how to photograph your work are also covered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment