Tuesday, July 10, 2018

YIKES! We’re in month 7. Reality Check.



Have you achieved the fusing goals you set for yourself in 2018 yet? 

Artists are continually exploring. We see the world through a kaleidoscope. Everything is colorful and ever changing. Being in such a constant state of flux, we seek understanding. You can float around in this happy bubble looking for answers forever, but your artistic style won’t grow in a vacuum. To reach your greatest potential as an artist it takes constant study, regular creative exercise and the dynamic company of like minds.  

The best way to get on the fast track to elevating your technique is to seek new learning opportunities. Get involved on social media, read articles, watch videos, take a webinar, attend a class or go to a conference. 

Set aside a few minutes every day to dedicate to growing your artistic mind. No matter where you are in your creative journey, there’s always room for growth and there’s always something new to learn.  


I consider myself to be experienced. But I’m no expert. I continually seek out new information, new classes and workshops to better my art and my writing. 

As artists, we’re driven to interpret our version of the ordinary and then share it for others to enjoy. If you want to elevate the quality and creativity of your art in 2018 start now. Seek ways to nurture your creative mind through new learning opportunities. 

Before moving forward make a list of things you’ve accomplished so far this year. This exercise is so valuable. It confirms that there has been growth, no matter how trivial. It gives you self-confidence knowing you did actively accomplish goals. And you can and will continue to gain ground in the remainder of the year. 



Artistically, where do you see yourself at the year end? 

It’s not too late to get serious about your fusing goals for 2018. Then in December, when you look back at your revised list of accomplished goals you’ll cheer your progress and success.  

Get going!
Lisa 
Follow my blog for more tips and tricks! 






Are you a hands-on learner?

Advanced Glass Fusing
4-Day, Hands-on Workshop, Wesley Chapel, FL
November 6-9, 2018

This class will change you!

Here’s what students are saying about the workshop.

I took Lisa's Advanced Fusing class. She says this class will take you to the next level, but it was so much more than that. The pieces I did in the class are easily 3 levels better than what I’d been doing (I thought I was doing pretty well!). She gave us numerous design tips and display ideas, and suggested a number of projects for the course, but we students decided between us what to focus on. We combed, cast, made drop-out vases, and learned creative ways of converting scrap into masterpieces. We made frit paintings and thick block sculptures. And of course, we got to use great equipment, far better than what I have at home.

Her spacious, welcoming home studio is easy to work in, and her home itself is full of gorgeous pieces she's done over the years. 

In summary, a great class, and I'm looking forward to doing it again!     -Pat M.


Upcoming Webinars
I come to YOU! 


Fusing for the Adventurous Webinar
July 24, 2018




Make a Fused Glass Sink Webinar
August 2, 2018




Fusing with Frit
September 20, 2018



Learn at home at your own pace. Instructional Videos are here!


Check out my new writer’s blog.
Writer – Instructor – Artist

Relationships fascinate me, and so I have another blog dedicated to the weird and wonderful ways we interact with each other





No comments:

Post a Comment