Friday, October 3, 2014

Art for Art’s Sake


The Signature Collection

It’s been a long time since I’ve made anything simply for the purpose of creating something beautiful to engage and inspire. It’s been so long in fact, I can’t honestly say if I ever really have. For as long as I can remember, the direction of my work has been driven by outside influences. Back in college, all of my artistic endeavors were assignments given by art professors.  Then in my stained glass store, I designed what was popular with my customers. I can’t count the number of herons wading along cattail lined lake shores and tropical fish populated coral reef scenes I’ve drawn.  My commission business thrived because I had a knack for designing art that both echoed a client’s unique style and artistically enriched the given environment.

Palm
After years of rendering the ideas of others in glass, it’s time to create innovative pieces that reflect my sense of style, drama and whimsy.   

Gondola
To define the Signature Collection, first I have to clarify what this series is not. The complex color combinations are not forced to match a client’s home decor. My bold use of pattern does not conform to any designer or gallery owner’s attitude about trending style. Not this time. These intricate designs evolve freely. They are built spontaneously, in an intimate moment of exploration inspired by the beauty and versatility of the raw material.

Hammock
The Signature Collection is an adventurous fusion of vivid color, dramatic pattern and graceful form. The series pieces are linked by parallel profiles but no two are alike. Each art piece is designed with a unique combination of narrow glass strips that sharpen each other in a subtle, yet amazing way, which grows more captivating in changing light.   

Mini
You’re invited to browse this bold series now showing on my redesigned website. It’s my hope that my artwork moves you to reflection, as it does me, and the journey raises your spirit. 

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment